Megan

Megan

Friday, November 8, 2013

Out of our realm

WHY?
 It is our go-to question when things happen out of our realm.
 "Why God?"
We, as humans, have a need to know what is going on at all times. We like being in control, like knowing what to expect. When things fall out of that area, we often question God; His authority, His actions, His goodness. The One who we knew so well before has become iffy. Is He really that good of a God? If so, why is this happening? How can a good God let me go through this? It all falls back to the "why" question. 

When we go through a rough spot in our life, our faith is usually the first thing that gets a good stretching. It is also the first thing to go sometimes. Our limited minds see God's will as less-than perfect when we are facing the fire. His goodness doesn't seem very good when we are looking at a job loss, a death, sickness, debt, or divorce. How can these things be good for me? How can God let it happen? Why can't He heal the situation, heal my body, touch my finances, my loved one, my child? Why, why, why?

When we see others facing crisis, it is often our go-to answer to say "God is in control" or "He knows what He's doing", but when we wake up to our world crumbling from underneath us, those words are the last thing on our minds. It's too painful, too much, and it clouds the Holy Spirit's guidance and peace. We focus on the mountain in front of us, and the pain it causes. The enemy loves it when we do this, because it shifts our eyes off of Him (God) and onto ourselves. It is then we realize we can't, and we feel helpless. The pain we feel and the loss we experience seems overwhelming, and we question God's whereabouts, when it is us who have left. 

There is encouragement for the weary today. Whether it be the loss of life, or a home...a sickness or addiction, divorce or bankruptcy, God is there. God is able. God is still good. He is! 

Psalm 119:50

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life
We don't get exempt from the harshness in life just because God is on our side, but because He is on our side, we have hope. We have the very One who made the stars and named each one on our side. He made the world, and all who inhabit it. He is more than able to care for us. Even though we don't always get the answers we so long for, He truly does know best. Life is sometimes hard, and things happen way out of our control, and we are left weary and battered. It is then we often run from God, but it is the time when we need Him the most. 
 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:6-7
When we set our minds on Him, who He has been and who He is to us, we will see that He doesn't change. Our situations change, but He does not. He sees what we don't, and knows what we cannot. He has a plan for each and every one of us, and we just have to trust in Him that He truly does know what He is doing. 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Megan and truly blesses my heart. Living here all alone, I get caught up in the unknown and feel terrified at times as to what our future holds. I need to remember that even though 'I' don't know the future, 'God' does. I needed this to remind me that I need not worry because He will take care of the situation. I should leave it in His hands and be free of the troubles in my mind. Being human I still struggle but my heart of hearts I truly know He will not leave me standing alone. Everything will be alright in the end. I just have to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats where our faith comes in to play. We got to believe He knows what He's doing, and that we will be okay when we leave it in His hands.

    ReplyDelete